Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Inviting The Glorious Into The Mundane

As you can tell it has been a month since I have posted. We now have a 10 month old who sleeps in his own room, plays with his toys on his own, and can crawl across the room to pull on my legs when he wants to be held. What a blessing we have been given! Yet in the day-to-day, I am struggling to figure out how I will love on him enough while I am getting ready for work so that he knows he is loved while I am away. I long to be sitting on the back porch with him playing with his shapes and water bucket at 2 o'clock in the afternoon. And at 5:30 I race home all the way praying that God will give me the strength to be present with him in the few hours I have before he goes to bed. I am so tired and drained from all of the energy that the day requires from me that when I get home I don't feel like there is much left of me to give. The details of life have been stealing my joy and clouding my vision, keeping me from enjoying the blessings God has given me ... like a husband who gives up his time to help take care of Brody so he doesn't have to be in daycare, a boy whose eyes light up when I walk into the room, a job that I love and that I feel like I am good at doing even on the rough days. I have allowed all of that to be taken from me. I am reposting this video blog from Christy Nockels. There will be more to come, but today it gave me that kick in the pants that I needed and the reminder that if I just invite God into the details of my life, ask Him to fill in the gaps of my humanity, I can be the wife, mother, daughter, sister, and worker that He created me to be.

Here is the blog from Christy Nockels ... more coming soon!


Being A Mom {Part 1} from christy nockels on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

wow. thanks, jess. you have no idea how much i needed to hear that!