Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July Is Off To A Great Start!

What happened to June? I feel like it must have just flown by! I won't complain, even though it is really hot in Nashville (95 yesterday, 93 today - Jenny and Tristin now I totally understand what it must have been like for you to be pregnant in the summer!!!) July is off to a great start!

My friends at work had a shower for us last Tuesday. It was so much fun! I have some wonderful memories to write in the baby book for sure. Here are some pictures ...



We celebrated the fourth of July at Crockett Park with some friends from our Sunday School class. I had to share pictures of Ethan & Jacob eating their push-up pops :) and Michele and I with our glow necklaces! We had lots of fun.

On Saturday Michele and I painted the baby's room green (or willow wind :) and this week she is going to come over and start painting the circles around the room. She is so talented! I am so glad they decided to leave San Diego for Tennessee! They have been helping us paint and next weekend I think we are going to help them. I say we, but what I should say is Aaron is going to help them :) I get to watch the boys for the day :)

Tristin and Michele are having shower for us in August. It is going to be a barbecue at Tristin and Jacob's house where we can just hang out with our friends and their families. Something really laid back but lots of fun. My parents & sister are coming! Aaron's mom is coming too! It should be lots of fun. Michele hand drew the invitations! They are just like the bedding for our the baby's room! I love them! They have put lots of work into it and I feel so blessed to have friends who are so good to us.

As I am writing this I am reminded how thankful I am that God led us to Nashville 4 years ago. We were so scared - we had no idea what we were doing but we knew we wanted to live here. My job transferred me and Aaron had decided to go back to school. The thought of being even further away from my family broke my heart. But God has given us friends here who are as close as family and such a wonderful life. I know that life has ups and downs and that you can't always be on the moutaintop, but right now I am just feeling the love and support of our family and friends as we are about to start on the next journey in our lives and I am so grateful for all that God has blessed us with and that He placed these incredible people in our lives!

On Sunday Aaron and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! We went to the pool but it was closed because someone had an accident in the pool :( so we went to the indoor pool instead and then went home and watched The Bucket List (because my dad loved it and wouldn't quit talking about it :) and Untraceable (yuck). I spent the day just being so grateful that God put us together and that he has held us together throughout the last 6 years!

And finally, we start our birthing classes on Thursday! So many fun things going on this month! I am sure I will have lots of stories to tell :)

1 comment:

vanessa said...

What a FUN month!
I am SUPER BUMMED I missed your shower!!!! I would have MUCH rather been hanging with all you fun girls than being home sick!
Looking forward to hearing more about this precious baby boy who will be here SO SOON!!! YEA!!!