Monday, October 26, 2009

Confessions That Won't Make Me Cool ...

Let's be real ... I do not have time for this blog. I should not be writing in this moment. I am at work and I have way too much to do, but I can't shake these little thoughts in my head. I was thinking to myself, if some people knew these things about me, they might check me off their cool list. Then I felt the Holy Spirit say, who cares? Why are you keeping these thoughts to yourself? I don't think you will be any better for reading this, but I will be in the light of who my maker made me to be ... so here are my confessions for today ...

  • I have never really cared about U2. I am sure they are a great band and I hear their live show is amazing, but nothing in my life so far as drawn me to them. Maybe someday. I feel sure Bono is a nice guy, but I don't know him. However, I do like his glasses. Lately I am pretty turned off at every tweet or post about who is going to their show or who is watching the live feed. I don't know why.
  • I really hate NPR ... it puts me to sleep. I feel pretentious just listening to it. I don't want those voices putting thoughts in my head or making me think ... I would rather listen to a song or see a tree that causes me to pause and ponder. That probably sounds stupid ... again, I don't care.
  • I have a really twisted sense of humor. I generally laugh at things that should not be funny. This often causes my mom to be embarrassed of me and my husband to be turned on ... and therein lies another reason why sometimes I feel caught between the two of them.
  • I struggle with being true to who I am ... I am constantly wanting to be shaped or formed by anyone but the being that dreamt me up ... seeing it written convicts me to the stupidity of that. Why do I care what another broken soul thinks of me? They too are broken! Eeeekkk!

4 random ramblings for today that do not seem all that positive. Oh well. It's truth. I am going back to do work now. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

MitchTheFielder said...

Great post. Keep them coming.