Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day To My Momma!

Since it is Mother's Day, I thought I would write a little bloggy blog to honor my precious Momma. There are just a few quick facts about her ...

  • She is so young! She is only 47! (although she will be 48 on May 20th!) But that is very young for a Mom who has two girls who will be 28 and 25 this year!
  • She is number 7 of 10 children!
  • She is an incredible nurse! Now she works as an Occupational Health Nurse and doesn't do a lot of floor nursing anymore. She worked lots of places but Labor and Delivery was her favorite I believe. She also has a Master's degree in Special Education and a certification in Occupational Health.
  • She was married at 17 and had her first kid (me) at 20 and my sister at 23. She and my dad have been married for 31 years this September. Not too shabby for a whirlwind romance where you meet in May and are married in September!
  • She always orders salad and water with NO lemon wherever and whenever she goes out to eat!
  • She loves books on CD! Mainly because she doesn't have time to read books.
  • She can fall asleep doing any task whether reading, cleaning, or even paying bills. This is because she does too much and doesn't know when to stop working so she can rest.
  • She makes an awesome lasanga and Aaron loves her homemade mac and cheese and homemade cookies!

These are just a few of the things she has taught me in life ...

  • She taught me to walk by faith.
  • She introduced me to good music.
  • She taught me how to love.
  • She taught me great work ethic (sometimes she takes this too far)
  • She showed me how to give without expecting anything in return.

She has accomplished so much in just 47 almost 48 years of life. And although most people would never know it, she has overcome some big obstacles in her life. Growing up I think all little girls look up to the their Mom so much and I had a wonderful example of love, determination, sacrifice, and faith. I am so grateful that God blessed me with her as my Momma. I love you so much and I hope that you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks for being my Momma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you my darling daughter. I could not ask for two greater kids than I have. You have such a HUGE heart and you are going to be a great Mom.
Love, Momma