Friday, May 2, 2008

Rainy Friday ...

I feel like after the last post anything that I have to say just wouldn't be as exciting :) I am still reeling from the news that our little one is going to be a bouncing baby boy! Honestly, Aaron and I really thought we were having a girl. The only person who really said it was a boy was our friend Angela. She was pretty happy that she called it! We had girl names but we hadn't really thought of any boy names that we both just loved. So we have spent the last couple of nights flipping through the baby name book! My friends at work decided they would come up with a name for him. The landed on DeMario Dunk Chambers. Apparently DeMario means "tamer of wild beasts" and I guess they thought that is what this little one will be ... I am just not feeling it :) We have a little while to think about it though and that is the fun part.

We bought a few little onesies and I keep going into his room and looking at them. I just keep thinking he is going to fit into these little outfits and I can hardly wait to cuddle him in them! Our friends Mike and Michelle came by and we watched the ultrasound video with them. They said we are going to have to get good at swaddling him because the way he is laying his little legs will always be all curled up around his face if we don't :) You can't tell from the pictures but they said he is laying sideways right now. So his little head is on my left side and his feet are on my my right. Now I understand why I could only feel the flutters on my right side because his little feet were over there.

Also it seems this one has some really long legs :) Makes sense since his daddy is 6 foot 4 inches tall! The lady who did our ultrasound said that my due date was measuring around 9/18 and we thought it was 9/23 so maybe my doctor will move it up. We will see. My next visit is 5/13. Aaron goes with me to all the visits. I love it! He is so cute about always asking questions to make sure that we are doing all of the right things. I love sharing every minute of this with him.

Aaron thinks that it looks like he has my nose and I definitely think he has Aaron's little knees and legs. I mean how much can you tell from the photos but this is what we have decided. We were both happy about that because I have always thought Aaron had the cutest long legs and he tends to think I have a cute nose :) So it's perfect.

We are going to have to get started on his room now. We had decided before we even knew what we were having that we wanted to do a lions and lambs theme. A - because Aaron has always loved lions and b - because I really liked lambs. We thought it would be perfect since Jesus is the lion and the lamb. Then my Mom told me that when my sister was little she was fascinated by the fact that someday after Jesus comes back the lions and the lambs would play together as friends (see how precious she was even then). So we decided that lions and lambs it would be. We haven't found any lion and lamb only bedding but we found a kind of an animal theme and so we may do that and have lots of lion and lamb accents. It is so fun shopping for all of this stuff.

This week our friends and also our Sunday School teachers, Jack and Mandy are going to start a series on parenting. Aaron and I always learn so much from both of them and we are so excited to see what God has to teach us. What perfect timing, right! Jack sent an email this week to kind of prepare our hearts for the first class on Sunday and he said that his mother in law gave him a plaque years ago that said parenting is like nailing jello to a tree. I think that must be a perfect analogy. Already God has changed my heart so much even towards my own parents and just realizing the sacrifices and understanding their love for me. You think you know, but you just don't I guess until you walk that road on your own. I am so thankful for how God is constantly working on our hearts and how he uses things that happen in our lives to always point us to him. I am so grateful that my parents raised me to love the Lord. More than anything I just want this little boys heart to search after and love the Lord. Aaron has such a way of pointing out God's hand in our lives (sometimes I will admit it is a little annoying) but more and more I am so thankful that this little one and I have such a tenderhearted man who loves God as the leader in our family. What a gift that is!

I am down to about 3 days and counting until my little peanut and I jump on a plane to visit my sister in Los Angeles ... well Cypress to be exact. I was able to visit her her October and I get to go one more time before the baby comes. It is so much fun hanging out with her. Last time I had my first In-and-Out burger and I can't wait to go again. We may have to stop on the way home from the airport (even if it is 11 pm :) This trip I get to go with her to her company's awards banquet on the Queen Mary. How fun! I just have to find something that I can fit into :) I will miss Aaron so much and I wish he could go; it would be so much fun to share with him. He is saving his vacation for after the baby comes and we are going to visit my parents in Vero Beach at the end of May. We haven't been there since my Momma moved into their house over a year ago. I had saved up so much vacation that I wasn't going to accrue any more if I didn't use it so that made for a great excuse to visit my sister and her husband and then Momma and Dad! I will post some pictures from our visits if anyone who cares to see :)

Well I am off to try and get lots in on this Friday. I am so glad I love my job because I have so many deadlines these days that I just don't even know where to start. We are putting out some 2 for 1's soon. It will be two albums bundled in one CD for the price of one. It is all catalog stuff. Sure it sounds like a great idea but I have to re-write the packaging copy for 60 CD's in about 2 months on top of the other releases we are working on! We just finished up the tobyMac package a few weeks ago. His new CD + DVD will release on 5/27. It is really good! I am not normally a live CD type of person but as always Toby is a genius and delivers so you should go buy it as soon as it comes out.

Ok, well enough rambling from me. Those of you who know how much I talk probably expected these long posts, right :) I promise not to always write so much but it's a rainy Friday and it has been fun to just sit here and type while I look out my window.


Thanks for checking back! I'll write more soon!

No comments: