Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Appointments, Tests, and Bad TV

Well we had another dr. appt. today! Everything went well. This was the diabetes test one. We haven't gotten the results back yet but I learned when I married into the Chambers family that failing a test is not really acceptable so I hope this little one and I pass with flying colors :)

On our way there our boy was kicking like crazy! It was so funny. Aaron and I were laughing because the last time we were at the dr. she couldn't get him to hold still long enough to check his heartbeat and I just knew he was going to show off again for her. Aaron could actually see him kicking me without even feeling it. The dr. said his heartbeat was 158 today!

I love this time in our lives! I may feel & look portly these days but I am on cloud nine dreaming about this amazing little gift that God has given us.

My dad is coming this weekend to share Father's Day with us! I think we will celebrate by putting him to work :) Since they sold their house in WV he misses yard work and around the house stuff and I love doing those things with him so I am working on coming up with some chores for us to do. Don't think I am a terrible daughter - he loves it too :) Maybe I can take some pictures to post of our weekend together!

Also, did anyone else besides us watched the Nashville Star show lost night? It was terrible. I was really disappointed in how bad it was actually. I don't think I need to tape it anymore. Now that Lost and all of my tv shows are off for the summer I am going to go through some tv withdrawal I just know it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I know I've said it a million times, but I am just SO excited for you! You two are going to be such incredible parents. It is such an incredible time. Each pregnancy is uniquely special, but I think the first is particularly so for husband and wife. It's so many firsts to share together and you still only have each other to focus on. I'm glad you and Aaron are enjoying it so much! (and I seriously cannot imagine you ever looking portly.)

I always dread the glucose test... yuck. The drink isn't that bad, but whenever I'm forced to do something it just seems ten times worse. And then I go from a jittery high to a crash for the rest of the day. Ah, well. I may have taken it for the last time, so no complaining!

Okay, I just realized I commented a novel... sorry! Hope you got lots accomplished with your dad this past weekend and enjoyed your time together. My parents came up and we did the same!

(And to make this comment even longer... Joshua is insisting another thank you for the Edison Glass record. He's been listening to it non-stop again this week.)