Friday, June 6, 2008

Home Again ...

Hey all! Sorry I was a slacker and didn't blog while we were on vacation or even very soon after we returned. We had fun! It was nice and relaxing. We didn't plan too much (that's right folks ... my husband just let us fly by the seat of our pants most days which is very unlike him and just goes to show how sacrificial he can be :) We saw Prince Caspian and Dad and I saw the new Indiana Jones movie. We went to the pool one day (because Dad and Aaron had a little too much fun in the sun) and we did a lot of shopping! On the 12 hour ride home Aaron and I decided that since I needed to stop and walk some we would stop at outlets on the way. That was so much fun and a highlight of the vacation for me! We also went to The Varsity on our way through Atlanta. It is a great place for chili dogs, burgers, and shakes!

Real life has since set back in and I am back at work setting goals and meeting deadlines. God has answered a big prayer of mine this week! My amazing intern (by intern I mean grad-student intern who is really gifted and way more mature than me :) may possibly be able to stay through her internship time and fill in for me while I am on maternity leave. This was something that I had been really concerned about just because I love my job and I feel the responsibility of not being able to do it while I am away and knowing that someone will be able to train essentially for 3 months before going it alone for a couple months while I am out is a huge answer to prayer. Now I am just praying that I don't scare her off with all of the stuff she has to learn :)

We are going to register tomorrow and I am really excited about that. Then we are going to spend the rest of the weekend working on the baby's room and taping up the walls so we can paint next weekend! I am pretty excited to get started on that too!

This baby boy has started kicking a lot more often and even stronger than before. I love it! It is the coolest thing in the world. We have been really working hard to find him a name! Most likely we will decide at the last minute but it is something we have been thinking and praying about a lot.

Here are a few pictures from Florida. Since we just hung out there wasn't much to share.

Mom, Dad, Aaron & I at Sebastian's Inlet

Making Aunt Pat's birthday cake!

No comments: